Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 can root with this method easily. You can root Samsung Galaxy Y running Gingerbread 2.3.5 and 2.3.6. After rooting your mobile, you can install custom ROM’s, install some applications which requires root access.
We are not Responsible for any Damages that may be happened to your Device in the process that we mentioned in the following guide. If any issues happens, we will help you to resolve the problem. Also Keep in mind rooting will avoid your device’s
- The Data in Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 won’t be deleted. We recommend you to make abackup it.
- SMS – How to Backup Messages
- Contacts – Sync with Gmail App
- Videos, Images, Songs and Other Files – Copy to internal / External SD card or System
- APN Settings – Take Manual Note from “Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names“
- Your Phone should have a 60% Charge in your battery.
- Enable USB Debugging – via “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 Running Android 2.3.5 & 2.3.6:
- You need drivers for your Galaxy Y to connect with your computer. So, download the drivers.
- Then download the Unlock Root Tool – Here
- Install the Unlock Root Software.
- Open the Unlock Root Tool. Then connect your Phone via USB cable. Then it will show theSamsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 in the list
- Just Select your phone.
- Then click Root Button in Unlock Root Rooting Software
- In few minutes your Galaxy Y get rooted. Then it will ask you to install some other apps. Just click No button to ignore it.
- Then it will ask you to reboot your phone. Just click OK Button to reboot your phone.
- After rebooting check your phone is Super User app is installed or not. If the app is installed, your mobile was rooted successfully.
“Failed to get shell root permission!” – If you get this message do the following method to root:
- Download the Update.zip from – Here
- Move it to the SD Card.
- Switch off your phone.
- And Restart in recovery mode by pressing HOME + Volume UP + POWER button.
- Then select “Update from SD Card”.
- After that choose the update.zip in SD card.
- Then choose reboot option in the recovery options to reboot.
- Now your Samsung Galaxy Y gets rooted.
There are many methods are available to root your Samsung Galaxy Y – GT-5360. But, this method is very easy and can root quickly. With this simple method you can root Samsung Galaxy Y GT-5360.
*************************by Imman Vel ****************************
Reviewed by 1459 on july 7,2013.
Rating: 4 out of 5 out of 5
[rating itemreviewed="1" rating="4.5" reviewer="1265" dtreviewed="july 7,2013" summary="4" best="5" worst="3"][/rating]