Install Android 4.0 ICS USSR V8 Custom ROM on Galaxy Y S5360
Though there is no official Android 4.0 ICS firmware for Samsung Galaxy Y S5360. However now you can enjoy Android 4.0 ICS styled ROM on your Galaxy Y S5360, thanks to Android 4.0 ICS USSR V8 Custom ROM for Galaxy Y S5360.
In this post we will guide you how to install Android 4.0 ICS USSR V8 Custom ROM on Galaxy Y S5360. Before we proceed, make sure:
- You have installed your Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 USB drivers on your PC.
- You need to enable USB debugging mode which is deactivated by default.
- You smartphone should have 70-80% charge remaining.
- Your Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 should be factory unlocked.
- Backup your important data like Call logs, SMS and other data in stored in phone memory so in case if anything goes wrong, your data is not hurt.
- The guide is only for Samsung Galaxy Y S5360, don’t try it on other devices.
How to Install Android 4.0 ICS USSR V8 Custom ROM on Galaxy Y S5360
Step 1) Download Android 4.0 ICS USSR V8 custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy Y S5360.
Step 2) Connect your Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 USB to your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3) Copy the downloaded file to your SD card.
Step 4) Turn off your phone and then turn it in again in the recovery mode by pressing and holding the Menu + Power button.
Step 5) Now enter the ClockworkMod recovery mod..
Step 6) Once your smartphone is in ClockworkMod recovery, browse for the file we have just added to SD card and press the power button to select it.
Step 7) Press again the power button & select “choose zip from sdcard”.
Step 8) Navigate to the copied package and select it using power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
Step 9) Once installation is completed, go to “+++++Go Back” and reboot the phone.